Thanks

what software do you use to open iphone/ipad .pcb files?

Hi, just spent half an hour dicking around with a boat load of different programs, none of which worked. I've got a pile of these .pcb files and have no idea what the heck you open them with. all of this over trying ot figure out if I knocked off a 201 or if it's a nostuff on a stupid ipad mini 2 board. god I hate these things.

Thanks

Re: what software do you use to open iphone/ipad .pcb files?

Hi Riverman
    PCB files open with pads viewer and pads router these you can get from Mentor graphics the viewer is free.You can also find for free if you do a search on youtube for ZXW replacement.
    All posts spelling grammar checked
    Regards Tellyman

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tellyman For This Useful Post:

riverman (04-07-2018)

Thanks

my man, thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riverman [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    Hi, just spent half an hour dicking around with a boat load of different programs, none of which worked. I've got a pile of these .pcb files and have no idea what the heck you open them with. all of this over trying ot figure out if I knocked off a 201 or if it's a nostuff on a stupid ipad mini 2 board. god I hate these things.
    I only recently started doing repairs on Macbooks which lead me to become active on this forums again.
    I am speaking from couple years of iphone repairing experience.

Free PCB board view files floating on internet are wrong and have many issues.

For example - Iphone6 nand is inverted in free board view files. (good luck repairing phones with it), furthermore with free board views many components are missing and sometimes misplaced. you wont find component at exact same as in actual board.

Consider spending 60$USD and buy any repair dongle because those people spend their time to make PCB based on schematics and then you will get free solutions, maintenance cases, diode mode values for ICs and a lot more.
    But most important it will save YOU a lot of time because troubleshooting a phone with bad PCB file from internet is a nightmare.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imcool [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    I only recently started doing repairs on Macbooks which lead me to become active on this forums again.
    I am speaking from couple years of iphone repairing experience.

Free PCB board view files floating on internet are wrong and have many issues.

For example - Iphone6 nand is inverted in free board view files. (good luck repairing phones with it), furthermore with free board views many components are missing and sometimes misplaced. you wont find component at exact same as in actual board.

Consider spending 60$USD and buy any repair dongle because those people spend their time to make PCB based on schematics and then you will get free solutions, maintenance cases, diode mode values for ICs and a lot more.
    But most important it will save YOU a lot of time because troubleshooting a phone with bad PCB file from internet is a nightmare.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I spend a lot of time on the iFixit board and regularly see this questions of how to get the free board views etc. IMHO, if you are doing this to make money, then get a tool like ZXW (they are even starting to include Mac stuff). The increase in productivity is amazing and you will make it back in no time. We pretty much all started with the free boardviews but there comes a time when you have to move on.
    Micro-soldering repair technician | Learn more about [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]