Thanks

Trace repair products

Hi I've been repairing traces with solid core 30g wire. It's a bit hard to bend and keep close to board. Can anyone recommend a better wire for this? Something plyable and may easier to strip protective coating. I also googled this and
    Came up with conductive pens are they any good?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

Re: Trace repair products

forget the pens useless get magnet wire on ebay this is refered too in a lot of threads on ARF just do a search. good luck.
    All posts spelling grammar checked
    Regards Tellyman

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tellyman For This Useful Post:

chuck60 (12-13-2016)

Thanks

Some clear nail varnish to tack it down and seal it. Good for covering bear (SPELLING GERR!) traces

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VaNDAL_UK For This Useful Post:

chuck60 (12-13-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tellyman [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    forget the pens useless get magnet wire on ebay this is refered too in a lot of threads on ARF just do a search. good luck.
    I'm sorry I searched and you're right
    I didn't know about magnet wire
    Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VaNDAL_UK [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    Some clear nail varnish to tack it down and seal it. Good for covering bear (SPELLING GERR!) traces

That's a great idea I'm gonna try that
    Thanks

Thanks

Enamelled wire. Either buy from ebay or aliexpress. You can savage it from transformers and coils.
    Last edited by VaNDAL_UK; 12-13-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Yes savage it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VaNDAL_UK For This Useful Post:

chuck60 (12-13-2016)

Thanks

Hi...I used a single strand of wire from a stranded 22awg wire. Positioning the wire between the pads was a bit tricky. I was using scotch tape to secure it, though it didn't hold very well (and luckily didn't melt since I secured the opposite end that I was soldering). I'll probably try polymide tape next time since I just found out about it.

Thanks

Pace manufacture a range of circuit repair products, I found the combined smd and plated through hole kit rapidly paid for itself in terms of professional reworking. The circuit trace material has a heat activated dry film adhesive that is activated with supplied soldering tips and generally bonds well to the pcb substrate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuck60 [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    Hi I've been repairing traces with solid core 30g wire. It's a bit hard to bend and keep close to board. Can anyone recommend a better wire for this? Something plyable and may easier to strip protective coating. I also googled this and
    Came up with conductive pens are they any good?
    Thanks in advance
    Hey, I found one useful link about PCB pad repair kits where I found different methods of repairing PCB trace using Epoxy method. It is also given for PCB trace repair kits with different specifications. Follow the link given below:
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]