Thanks

PS3 FAT Turns Off after 3 hours ON

Hi Guys!

I have this PS3 FAT from a customer that spends a lot of time gaming. He came to my store because the PS3 was turning off instantly. So i opened and clean it and replaced all the thermal paste. I turned it ON, and was able to watch a full movie and playing a game for about 1 hour.
    So I called my customer and thaught the job was done. One week later, the PS3 was back. He says that it turns off sometimes after using it for hours, sometimes for 6 hour, depending of the game is playing.

It must be a GPU problem right? Is there any chance to solve the problem with a reflow? I don't have any reballing machine, and a friend of mine that has one, tells me there is no chance to replace the chip.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: PS3 FAT Turns Off after 3 hours ON

Waste of time reballing this is an old machine and has a alot of use I would give it a wide birth you are on a hiding to nothing.
    All posts spelling grammar checked
    Regards Tellyman

Thanks

Re: PS3 FAT Turns Off after 3 hours ON

Quote Originally Posted by Tellyman [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    Waste of time reballing this is an old machine and has a alot of use I would give it a wide birth you are on a hiding to nothing.
    Thanks man! That's what i have in mind. It's just i've charged my clientfor the cleaning and the paste replacement, and it's not fully repaired. Maybe i will give is money back