Thanks

Lenovo G50-45 completely dead

Hello.
    I have here a Lenovo G50-45 totally dead,i plug the charger and no light,nothing. First i check the charger, and after i realize that the middle pin is data and no power i checked again and seem ok. But when i plug it, i remove the back cover from the laptop and i check the connector and the voltage drops to 1volt. I suspect the charger is not good,but i have to wait until arrive a new one,because this rectangular ones i dont have another compatible.

And then i have another problem, i try to inject tension in the dc charger before i realize the middle pin is data,and i inject tension in middle pin,and im afraid to damage the laptop. Has anyone made the same mistake,or is it possible that there is nothing wrong? The behavior of the laptop after and before are the same,dead.

Thanks

Re: Lenovo G50-45 completely dead

HI i think you burned the IO chip (guess ite8586) i wish good luck

Thanks

Re: Lenovo G50-45 completely dead

Quote Originally Posted by adrarian [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    HI i think you burned the IO chip (guess ite8586) i wish good luck
    Hello,thanks for the answer. Probably, i did that. After lots of research and tests(and learning also!) i realize i turn one problem in two. The main problem i think was a simple burn mosfet from 19v line,just after the charger,a simple fix and simple to find,because after you plug the charger, the mosfets get hot. But when i inject tension in the middle pin, i burn the 3v power suplly. After i replace the burn mosfets, the laptop came back to life,but with no screen. After analize, the 3v power rail was missing,and this board has 2 pwm,one for 5v and other for 3v,not the typical 3 and 5v pwm in one chip. I replace the 3v pwm,(the 5v was ok)but it was so small that i couldnīt solder it properly. And then,after so many messed up, i ended up buying another board in Aliexpress. Was cheap, but is stucked in costums ,so i canīt give you feedback of the fix yet.

Many learning, but was a job that i didnīt earn any money, because it took to many hours in my work bench. But it was ok.