Thread: EDS Leakseeker

Administrator
    Thanks

EDS Leakseeker

A good tool to use when troubleshooting circuit boards.

This is the newer version EDS89 B

[Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

Video

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drichiez For This Useful Post:

asliyucegsm (12-16-2017), John626 (10-29-2014)

Thanks

Re: EDS Leakseeker

There are other techniques ,the one I liked most seam to dissapear from ytube .It is based on resistance versus temperature variation which is true for the short circuit itself. Basically you must apply heat with hot air station over the board while watching the resistance of short .When you heat the shorted component the resistance of short will increase rapidly.
    Other techniques when I reach 10 posts ,I can not post links for now

Thanks

Nice idea

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks

It is the only locator that can locate defects from zero to 300 ohms with no loss of resolution.
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...] | [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...] | [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

Thanks

I remember a few years ago everyone jumped on the bandwagon buying these LeakSeekers, but for other than SMPS repair whom actually uses this on a daily basis for repair of laptops/phones?

I'd like some in-sight into how much it has benefitted you on something which is so densily populated you can't really 'follow' the shorted rail to every single one of the nodes

Thanks

I have a couple of Polar Toneohm products in the workshop specifically a TONEOHM 550 and a 700. they came up very cheap at clearance a couple of years ago, pretty much like the leak-seeker they are high sensitivity milliohmmeters, a large part of my current workload is smps related and over than something to play with I rarely use them.
    Last edited by llonen; 01-26-2018 at 06:41 AM.