Administrator
    Thanks

Do It Yourself VGA Microscope

There's a nice post here by Roman Black on how to build your own VGA microscope for a very low budged. Check it out.

[Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to drichiez For This Useful Post:

Divya (05-13-2016), John626 (10-29-2014), Laser (01-18-2015), PhIlLy ChEeSe StEaK (07-07-2016), rolando (11-15-2014), trstech (11-01-2014), vic44 (01-23-2015)

Thanks

Re: Do It Yourself VGA Microscope

Has anyone tried a document camera/visualiser for close-up work? I repaired one last year for a neighbouring business and I was really impressed with the zoom function and resolution on it. There's a demo of one here at this link [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    Skip to 1.05 for the zoom. It looks a bit washed out on the projector but they connect directly to monitors and TVs via VGA or HDMI.

Thanks

Hi I have a JVC AVP750 I picked up on eBay for 15 it is very useful this one only has 12X zoom I find that is very good I have it connected to a pc and moniter I can use this with ulead software so can just use as a soldering aid or take pictures or film what I am looking at the working hight is great at 14" to 15".If you can pick one up cheep as I did you can not go wrong.
    All posts spelling grammar checked
    Regards Tellyman

Thanks

Well I spotted one going for 10 on ebay and here it is. Not too bad considering the cost. This particular one is probably around 10 years old, so the zoom and resolution isn't quite what it could be, but the working height is great. The green slot on the camera housing pulls out to allow other lenses so there's maybe room for improvement yet. Plus the auto-focus copes no problem if I lift the logic board another 8 inches.
    All in all it's not perfect but it's definitely value for money and should be a decent help

This one is me taking a pic of the monitor using my phone, while holding the board up around 8 inches.. so the camera is moving as well as the board, but the focus does look better than this, honest lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KB Laptops For This Useful Post:

Tellyman (03-04-2015)

Thanks

Just the job I find with mine the highest hight works best and the zoom is great.
    All posts spelling grammar checked
    Regards Tellyman