Thanks

Anyone every fixed a PS3 Slim 2501 or 3001 with that turns off in a second to "no light"

Has anyone here every figured out the PS3 slim problem for the red light, power on to green light, then no light in about a second? This is not about any other variation on that sequence, only the short red, green, no light.

Administrator
    Thanks

Re: Anyone every fixed a PS3 Slim 2501 or 3001 with that turns off in a second to "no light"

For those that shut off within 5 seconds from turn on:
    you can fix with a reball of the CELL, a reflow may not fix it. These usually turn off before they send a request to turn on the hdd and usb devices. You can check connecting a usb stick and check the hdd LED to confirm. Although this behavior is also shown when there system is bricked.

For those that shut off after 8-10 seconds:
    I have not found a solution after working on the RSX, CELL, South bridge, Firmware...
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drichiez For This Useful Post:

gamestationoh (12-10-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Anyone every fixed a PS3 Slim 2501 or 3001 with that turns off in a second to "no light"

99 % of the time I found it to be the south-bridge needed reball .
    Hope this helps , give it a shot .
    I fixed over 30 that way

Banned
    Thanks

It's a very common issue with the slims , reballing gpu/rsx chip never fixed one for me .
    It was always the SouthBridge inmy experience

Thanks

I have read some where That wifi module also can cause this problem. Shut down and no light. When press button again red light comes up.

Have maybe 10-15 slims that i own with this problem. When i have my profiles right i wil try to fix these. I let you known which problem each console have.