Thanks

820-3437 no serial number

hi gays....im working in 820-3437 logicboard with water damega..logic loard is working 100% after repair. the problem is that i updated the logic board to macos catalina and it loss the serial number..y tried run blank board serializer in a usb pen drive but always boot in to ssd drive. pleased any help. thanks

VIP Member
    Thanks

Re: 820-3437 no serial number

Quote Originally Posted by Carlosqg76 [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    hi gays....im working in 820-3437 logicboard with water damega..logic loard is working 100% after repair. the problem is that i updated the logic board to macos catalina and it loss the serial number..y tried run blank board serializer in a usb pen drive but always boot in to ssd drive. pleased any help. thanks
    I'd just reflash the EFI ROM with the correct serial number.

Thanks

Re: 820-3437 no serial number

You would need to use a flash programmer, such as TL866 or similar. Most likely you would need to remove the chip from the board.

Do a rom dump and search for string: "ssn". After that string there should be serial number. It is best to find another rom dump and compare that area with the one that has good serial number area, just in case anyting got garbled (had it happen before). This is the safest and probably least tedious way to do it.

Otherwise, just find another EFI ROM dump for the same board, and write a correct serial number after the ssn string. And also, don't forget to copy the ME region from the old dump to the dump you would be flashing. This is the first 1000 bytes if I am not mistaken.
    Clean ME region dumps might work, but in case of these boards you always run the risk of iSight camera not working after that, as there are some custom settings in the ME region that need to be copied over for the camera, but not always necessary - it's probably too technical to write it here.